However, I will link to the products on Amazon and if you chose to buy it through those links Amazon will give me a small amount for sending you to them. (this will not alter your price) I would not even be writing this is I didn't love the products so I wholeheartedly endorse them. UPDATE: Amazon has pulled the original wen products from their site. The other products like spray in conditioner and styling cream are still available.
Using Wen on badly damaged hair
That being said, I must confess: I do not know what color my hair is. There, I've admitted it! I was born blonde, but my roots grow in dark now. It's been so long since I've let it grow in more than an inch or so that I'm not really sure what color it would be. Which means I bleach it. A LOT! My hair is dry and damaged from all this processing and I was constantly using deep conditioners and treatments.
I was spending an arm and a leg and I literally had a shelf full of products that I used every month! I had at least a dozen products I rotated depending on how bad my hair was that day. I washed my hair every day just so I could apply a conditioning treatment, plus I had tons of leave in conditioning products! I also had quit blow drying and curling my hair a few years back unless it was a special occasion. I just didn't want to damage it anymore with the heat processes. Well, hubby got sick of hearing me complain about how bad my hair was and late one night after an infomercial for Wen popped on tv, he ordered it.
I was thrilled to try the Wen line. My first shipment was from Amazon, it was 2 big bottles of the cleansing conditioner, each a different scent. I've actually tried 4 scents total and loved them all. They smell good, without smelling like you put perfume in your hair! My favorites are the Sweet Almond Mint and the Pomegranate scent. There are a ton of scents available now, so look around and find one you like.
I love using the Wen line! It really made my dry hair feel softer. I switched to washing every other day which was much easier. I really liked the Sweet Almond Mint cleansing conditioner. I gave away a whole box of all those conditioning treatments since I no longer had to constantly apply treatments to my hair ends. I could curl it without it looking ridiculously dry! It was perfect and it only took 1 product. My hair looks great!
How to use cleansing conditioner
Just a few points on using Wen:
- It seems silly to do a wash-repeat since it's one product but if I skip the repeat part, my hair is harder to comb and feels drier after.
- You don't need the 12-15 pumps of product they tell you to use! Have you seen the picture of that in the commercial? That's an entire heaping handful of product! I can't imagine slathering that much on my hair. I use 2 pumps for the first application and 3 for the 'repeat' part. I have long hair and that's plenty.
- If you don't use as much as they tell you to, you won't need as much as they want to send you with the auto renewal. (Be careful to cancel after you get your shipment if you signed up for auto renewal and only want the 1 set)
- If you have color treated hair you might want to wash less often when you're roots are showing. Untreated hair is healthier and gets weighed down easily by a strong product like this.
- A friend came to visit and used my Wen but her hair is not treated, damaged or dry and she found it left her hair too greasy. Definitely a product mainly for damaged hair.
- All the scents I tried were great but they are not overpowering. Your hair won't smell like your conditioner all day! It rinses away cleanly.
Since I had the most experience with the cleansing conditioner, I'm going to stick to reviewing only that product though. You can purchase a travel set which would be a great way to try the product without committing to those huge bottles. I cannot emphasize enough that you need to try the product to see for yourself.
Should I even try Wen?
There are a LOT of people who did not have good results with this product. If you try it and start to see bad results, STOP using it! That goes for everything in life too...if something does not work well for you back away from the product. Don't hang in there and hope it starts working, cut and run!!!! lol
Here's what nobody tells you: There are 2 companies that make and sell Wen. The Guthy-Renker company and Wen @ Chaz Dean. It says it right on the back of the bottle which company made the bottle you have. The problem is, they don't have the same ingredients lists so they are NOT the same products even though both companies act like it's the same. Your hair might be awesome with the one formulation but not with the other. It makes sense too since they are different products!
Personally, the Guthy-Renker stuff worked better for me in 2 scents. The Lavender is better by Wen...but that's just MY hair. If you decide to give it a try, pay really close attention to your hair in case you don't react well to it. Everyone I know with damaged hair had a good experience, but remember this is just an opinion post so take it all with a grain of salt.
Currently QVC and the Wen website both have the products for sale if you are looking for them. Amazon has the styling cream, the nourishing mousse and the sweet almond mint replenishing treatment mist which came in my original 'gift with purchase' set and I absolutely love!
Let me know if you try Wen. I think you'll like it as much as I do!
Want to be 'in the know' the moment a new post is published? Sign up for my newsletter right here and you'll also get my free Self-Care Sunday guide!
This post contains affiliate links. If you chose to purchase something through the link, I will get a small payment from Amazon. It will not affect your purchase price. Click for full disclosure.
Post a Comment